LILHUDDY Fan

 Personally inspired by LILHUDDY as an aspiring music maker. The pop genre and all its relatives (pop punk, indie pop, etc.) inspire me generally. 

Lyrically.

Compositionally.

It's inspiring that the majority of people are satiated off pop music. The youth demographic gravitates toward it and largely keeps it "employed". 


I'm not aspiring to pop stardom, but as a maker, psychology is at the fore of my practice. And I have to ask myself why pop is so successful as it stands? And I gotta conclude that it must psychologically tick all the boxes. For the "masses" that is. 


I'm also tired of separating myself from the masses as a form of creative exceptionalism. Now I'm not negating taste-- a lot of this music isn't my taste per se-- but to say I don't enjoy the music...? 

A damn fool. 


I do man, and I think a lot of us do for a variety of reasons. But mainly, my "argument" would have to be: 


The id gets some "state sanctioned" action in a culturally acceptable way...


Sex, drugs and money baby. In a tune? Oh yeah...we all gotta eat that up to a point. 


Talent? 

Taste? 


Stay tuned for a series where I investigate the aforementioned. LILHUDDY being at the fore. 

And, oh you betcha, TikTok too.


;))

Comments