Tone Shift

 I think I started this blog wanting to be more critical...I read a lot of institutional critique and it's really inspiring to me...so I wanted to mimic it to an extent...but now...


I don't know I also saw a gap in media in the way it was lacking a sort of in-crowd critical humor, but now it seems at every opportunity we've been capitalizing on the cynical. And it makes sense given the times. maybe it is purely cathartic, i'm not gonna be the one to say. 


but from Miley Cyrus singing about selling her soul to NBC during her hosting of the NBC New Years Eve special to Don't Look Up, to name literally any other pop culture reference...I don't know I think we've covered our bases. 


And I don't want to be critical of it either. At least not on here. Because to be honest, I don't have more to say than your average talking head, certainly less to say than the trained scholar and even less to say than your friendly neighbor. I'd hate to inundate you with what you already have. 


This isn't to say you have nor inspiration in your life, I know you do! I pray you do, dude! I just want to shift to things that inspire me more. The conversation with Freakonomics was cool and I SUPER appreciate the engagement with my dialogue. I hope to post more excerpts that remind me of conversations the world seems to be having, but to do the work of a scholar after just graduating college myself feels a little self-indulgent. A little...I don't know, my heart wasn't in it. 


Also to be honest, I had to hop off because I am NO NFT EXPERT hahahahaha. But I'm HYOE y'all tuned in and listened to everything I have to say. 


Right now I'm just reveling (reeling) at all the space talk going on, fashion and how art and fashion seem to be engaging in futurity as it is outer space. 


I have nothing to say about space other than WHOA. so stay tuned for that. stay tuned for lyrics that inspire, magazine articles that tantalize and the like. 


I hope you enjoy. 

I hope this blog is a fun break for you. 


Thanks. 


:)

Comments